Smiling is something we do every single day, often without even thinking about it. But your smile holds much more power than you may have realized. Research has shown that having a gorgeous grin can tremendously benefit your professional and social lives, as well as your mental health. Check out what a dentist in Tyler has to say about the importance of having an attractive smile.
What Makes a Smile Attractive?
Beauty is entirely subjective, but most people recognize the following traits as elements of an attractive smile:
- White teeth
- Teeth that are not chipped or cracked
- Gums that are not receding or covering up too much of the teeth
- The absence of uneven gaps or missing teeth
- Well-aligned teeth
These traits are often the first things people notice about your smile.
The Power of Having a Beautiful Smile
When you feel confident in your smile, you won’t have a problem flashing those pearly whites at people you see on the street. Here are some research-backed benefits of smiling:
- Smiling creates more feel-good chemicals in the brain than chocolate does. You’ve probably heard that eating chocolate can make you happier. This is because it helps your brain create serotonin, a chemical that boosts your mood. A single smile can produce more serotonin than eating 2,000 chocolate bars!
- Even forcing a smile can elevate your mood. The physical act of smiling, even when you don’t particularly feel like it, has been shown to help people feel better.
- You get to enjoy a longer life. Multiple studies have confirmed that people who smile more often tend to live longer, more fulfilled lives.
- Smiling is contagious. Chances are you have noticed that when you’re having a bad day, a stranger smiling at you can help you feel a little better.
With all of these benefits that smiling offers, why wouldn’t you want to share your grin with the world?
Enhance Your Smile Today!
Maybe you want to smile more often, but you’re ashamed about aesthetic flaws in your teeth, such as chips, cracks, or stains. Mayne you’re even missing one or more teeth altogether. If that’s the case, reach out to your cosmetic dentist to schedule a consultation. They can decide which treatments would be best to help you achieve the perfect smile you deserve.
About the Author
Dr. Dennis E. Stansbury is a dentist in Tyler, TX with more than 40 years of experience in improving patients’ smiles. He has even earned a Fellowship with the American College of Dentists. He offers multiple cosmetic dentistry treatments to enhance your smile, such as teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, and Invisalign. To find out how you can attain your dream smile, contact Stansbury Dental at (903) 561-1122.